Orel 20 is a board-level controller of sensorless BLDC motors designed for use in cost sensitive applications. Its primary application domains include propulsion systems of light electric unmanned aircraft and watercraft.
Orel 20 runs Sapog – a BSD-licensed open source multiplatform BLDC controller firmware originally developed by Zubax Robotics.
- Propeller drives for light unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Pump and propeller drives for unmanned watercraft.
- Excellent dynamic characteristics.
- Regenerative braking and active freewheeling.
- Continuous power output up to 350 W.
- Extremely lightweight, only 10 g without wires.
- Optional RPM control loop (RPM governor).
- Embedded self diagnostic routines and health status reporting.
- Highly configurable.
- Low noise and low current ripple.
- Supported interfaces:
- CAN (UAVCAN), with optional dual redundancy.
- RCPWM (analog PWM interface widely used in robotics).
- High quality assurance:
- Every manufactured unit undergoes a rigorous testing procedure. The testing log for each produced unit is available on the web.
- Protection against unlicensed (counterfeit) production by means of a digital signature installed on every manufactured unit.
- Open source firmware – Sapog (3-clause BSD license).